ARE YOU TAKING GABAPENTIN OR PREGABALIN (BRAND NAMES INCLUDING LYRICA, ALZAIN, NEURONTIN)?
The changes outlined below come into affect from April 2019. These changes follow a government consultation because of concerns around misuse and will mean that these drugs become controlled Drugs (CDs).
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR ME?
There will be changes to the following:
- Prescriptions will expire 28 days from the date on the prescription
- Any Pharmacy ‘owings’ must be collected by the expiry
- Quantities may be reduced to a maximum of 30 days
- Electronic prescribing and repeat dispensing cannot be used
- You will need proof of identity to collect from a pharmacy
- You will need to sign when collecting your prescription
- Emergency supplies and loans cannot be made from pharmacies if you run out
DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING
- Make sure you get any prescriptions you have dispensed and collected before 1st April
- If you are owed any medication from your pharmacy please collect this before 1st April